|This game is a new version of my old "Ze Tanks!". There are two tank groups in the game - blue and red. The target is to destroy all enemy tanks. Game can be played in two modes: "Team vs. team" and "Survival mode". Game features:|
- Integrated map editor.
- Multiplayer mode, ability to create your own game servers. Server can be controlled by the first connected player or directly, entering console commands.
- In survival mode, enemy tanks do periodically respawn. Game takes as long as the player is alive. Final score is saved to database.
- The player can take control of other tank (if there are tanks controlled by AI).
- Map contains bonuses that can be collected: ammunition, speed-up, health.
- The game has integrated help window, it can be called at any time by pressing F1.
- Screenshots can be captured by pressing F12. They are saved in game's main directory as BMP images.
The whole project consists of: game engine, game, game server, web page. The team:
- Arvydas Burdulis - design, code, web page etc.
- Donatas Gvildys - graphics;
- 4 modellers, including me;
- Lesto - music;
The game uses custom engine. The engine is build on top of these libraries:
- Win32 API - window handling, keyboard/mouse input;
- WinSock - networking;
- OpenGL - graphics;
- OpenAL, Ogg Vorbis - sound;
The game is in two languages: english and lithuanian, works with Microsoft Windows OS.
Start date: 2009-01-30
End date: 2011-01-04
The game can be downloaded from official web page or by clicking here.
Game page: http://tanks.cgart.lt/
Please let me know if you have found a bug or have any suggestions.
|Created: 2010-08-20 06:08:29|